Saturday 13 October 2012

Barking Gecko's 'This Girl Laughs, This Girl Cries, and This Girl Does Nothing'

In the world of a freelance theatre technician you may have moments of silence before the storm, but more often than not you're being rained upon and saying yes to all jobs offered to avoid this stale silence. Hence why I use the word storm- saying yes is dangerous if you don't have a firm grasp of your daily planner!
Barking Gecko's 'This Girl Laughs, This Girl Cries, and This Girl Does Nothing' was one of my storm moments. I was working a few jobs at the same time before I was offered to be the costume support for 'This Girl' and almost said a big fat No to this piece of treasure. Thankfully, I consulted my diary and shifted around some 'unneccassary' sleep to fit it all in. What a sweet piece of children's theatre it turned out to be, one that adults could certainly enjoy too.. I consider myself adult like anyways..
 
 
xK



tulle undergarments to give skirts oomph!



Dad and his three daughters
Garments made from simple calico, muslin and tulle and finished off with shell buttons



 

'This Girl Laughs, This Girl Cries, This Girl Does Nothing' by Finegan Kruckemeyer, Directed by Noel Jordan, Costume and set design by Alicia Clements. Presented by Barking Gecko Theatre Photo's by John Green Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment